The Seven Challenges Program
An evidenced-based program designed for substance abusing or substance dependent young people, to motivate a decision and commitment to change. It helps young people look at themselves, understand what it takes to give up a drug abusing lifestyle—and prepare for and attain success when they commit to making changes.
The Seven Challenges
- We decided to open up and talk honestly about ourselves and about alcohol and other drugs.
- We looked at what we liked about alcohol and other drugs, and why we were using them.
- We looked at our use of alcohol or other drugs to see if it has caused harm or could cause harm.
- We looked at our responsibility and the responsibility of others for our problems.
- We thought about where we seemed to be headed, where we wanted to go, and what we wanted to accomplish.
- We made thoughtful decisions about our lives and about our use of alcohol and other drugs.
- We followed through on our decisions about our lives and drug use. If we saw problems, we went back to earlier challenges and mastered them.